Please Support Our Newest Mission - Spero
Spero is a "Safe Spot on Somerset" in OCMD dedicated to the healing and empowerment of people who have experienced domestic or sexual abuse.
Spero will be located on Somerset St., right off the Boardwalk in Ocean City, MD next door to Inspired Thrift, a shop that was opened three years ago with the purpose of someday providing support for individuals that have experienced sexual or domestic assault and trauma. We encourage you to stop by to meet Lisa Burdsall, the Owner of Inspired Thrift, and Executive Director of Spero, to learn more about the mission of this amazing new organization.
- Safe on Somerset – Spero is a safe haven for people wishing to talk, visit, heal, mentor, inspire and support.
- Therapeutic Activities – Healing from trauma takes time and everyone heals differently. Spero offers yoga, meditation, healing arts, and other healing events.
- Education Resources – Sometimes healing involves evolving to the next level and often that requires education and training.
- Advocacy – Along with education resources, Spero is a source of advocacy for the personal advancement of those in need.
- Empowerment – Mentorship, fellowship, companionship, inspiration, and resources will be offered to help empower survivors to become thrivers.
If you would prefer to write a check in support of Spero, please make the check out to Global Training Foundation and mail to 9301 Atlantic Ave. #203, Ocean City, MD 20842. Be sure to note that it is for Spero – and THANK YOU so very much!